Getting the most out of your Estate: update on NHS Premises Assurance Training and Consultancy
Looking to get the most from your Estate?
Want to up-skill your staff and make the most of Premises Assurance?
Looking for expert consultancy input or extra capacity?
Then HFC can help you!
We recently held the latest in our on going series of NHS Premises Assurance Management (PAM) courses in Blackburn in association with our Training Partner, Grovenbridge Academy.
Looking for expert input or extra capacity to get you going in the right direction? HFC can help you – contact us for a chat about your needs.
The event was very well received by delegates: here’s what some of the delegates have said about it:
Great course, great value
The cost of this one-day course is £300 + VAT per delegate. For even greater value, HFC has agreed a special 50% discount with Grovenbridge Academy for NHS Trusts that are members of HFC, making the fee just £150 + VAT per delegate.
These courses provide Trust Directors and their teams with valuable information on how to use Premises Assurance to best effect.
To take part and gain the benefits for your own organisation, please contact us.
Venues are chosen at different locations around the country throughout the year to give everyone a chance to attend a course close to them. However, we can provide the course at your own premises if you have six or more members of your team/joining with a neighbouring Trust, either leading to the qualification or customised to meet your local needs: this can save you money as well as time.
The course covers:
- The 5 domains in NHS PAM and the relationships between them,
- The involvement of staff at all levels in the process,
- The impact of Estates & Facilities on safety and clinical services,
- The information requirements for NHS PAM to be used effectively, and
- The processes to ensure that Board Governance is properly established and maintained.
The aims of the event are to build:
- An understanding of the roles and responsibilities in the implementation of NHS PAM within a Trust, including Board Governance
- Knowledge of information available and skills in extracting and considering the use of such information in practice, discerning that which is valid for use within NHS PAM
- An understanding of Key Performance Indicators and their use in Trend Analysis and Peer Review for business/service planning and their application in NHS PAM
- Ability to review the outputs of NHS PAM and identify possible areas of improvement for implementation within a business plan
- The skills and confidence of individuals in their ability to perform their role for the benefit of their employing organisation and provides staff with a transferrable skill
The course also leads to a CELL Level 5 Award in Estates & Facilities Information Management: Premises Assurance (QCF), which is regulated by Ofqual and supported by HefmA and Skills for Health (the Sector Skills Council for Health). Delegates have the option to sit a short end of day assessment in order to receive the Level 5 Award.
Ofqual accreditation reflects the NVQ training scale. This ranges from 1-7, with 7 being the highest (degree level). A Level 5 Award therefore represents a high level of qualification – as well as giving participants knowledge and skills they can use in their work, it also gives the Trust the opportunity to up-skill its staff and give them a tangible, nationally recognised qualification which is transferable from post to post.
More information and a booking form are available from the Grovenbridge Academy website.