April sees the official launch of the new FM Knowledge Exchange (FMKx}.
A few months ago, HFC asked NHS Estates and Facilities Management (EFM) professionals about ways of improving productivity. In particular, we were keen to find out how easy it is for NHS colleagues to find out about possible solutions and suppliers. Respondents told us that although they did use contacts within and outside their own organisations, many were searching the Internet for solutions. Although most of these sources worked well most of the time, it was time consuming and did not always lead to the best possible option or widest range of ideas – or as a way of finding out about innovations.
We asked colleagues whether they would find it helpful to have an on-line “knowledge exchange” to help them share ideas and information, and more easily find suppliers.
- 100% of respondents were interested in the concept as a way of enabling discussion between NHS colleagues – as a way of seeking advice and sharing ideas
- 100% of respondents were interested in the concept as a way of sourcing suppliers
- 90% of respondents said they would use such a service
HFC is therefore launching the new on-line FM Knowledge Exchange – it’s free to healthcare EFM professionals, and it’s always available and accessible through a range of media, making it a handy guide on your desk or in your pocket.
- Innovate – Case studies, project summaries and new initiatives
- Collaborate – Ask and answer questions from fellow healthcare EFM professionals
- Learn – Events diary
- Source – Supplier directory